Small Graphic LCD Display | Monochrome Module
Small Graphic LCD Displays for new designs
Small graphic LCD Displays are growing in popularity for new product designs for a variety of reasons including:
- The ability to display graphics, characters and icons through software
- Low power consumption
- Thin profile
- No need for a negative reference voltage
Focus LCDs smallest graphic LCD
One of the most popular small graphic LCD display that Focus offers in stock is the 128×32 COG. (see above picture)
ADVANTAGES OF THIS SMALL GRAPHIC LCD:
- SPI interface
- SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) bus allows for quick programing and fewer connection points than a parallel interface
- SPI is support by most microcontroller suppliers
- 3.3 Volt input
- Great for battery powered products
- Can be powered by two ‘AA’ batteries
- Less than 2” in the X (horizontal) and 1” in the Y (vertical) directions
- FSTN (Film Super-twisted nematic) allows the widest viewing angle while displaying the sharpest contrast.
- In stock and can order the same day you contact Focus.
- Low Cost
- 128×32 dot resolution:
- There are 128 dots per row and 32 rows for a total of 4,096 dots
- Each dot can be individually addressed and turned on and off independently through the use of software
- Built in controller/driver
- Controller/driver makes it easy to program the module
- COG (Chip On Glass) means that the attached controller chip is attached to the LCD glass itself
- This removes the need for a PCB (printed circuit board)
- COGs require less power, are thinner and lower cost.
Products that use a Small Graphic LCD Display
Handheld and battery powered product suppliers are requesting this small graphic LCD display since it can present a great deal of information in a small space.
Do you have a new design that needs a small graphic LCD? Contact Focus LCDs today for support and samples at 480-503-4295.